Everyone loves pizza so why not make a fun heart-shaped pizza for Valentine’s Day. The kiddos will love it! This pizza recipe is simple and comes with a homemade marinara sauce recipe to boot! To save time try using a pre-made pizza crust, refrigerated pizza dough, or if you want it a little more homemade, use the Bisquick or Jiffy Mix recipe below.
Homemade Pizza Crust Recipe
- 1/3 cup Jiffy or Bisquick Baking Mix
- 1/3 cup water
- Cookie Sheet or Heart-shaped Pizza Pan
- In a medium-size bowl, blend the Jiffy or Bisquick baking mix with water.
- Turn the pizza dough onto a surface that has been dusted with baking mix or flour.
- Knead until dough is not sticky, about one minute.
- Press pizza dough on a cookie sheet shaping your pizza dough into a heart shape, or use the special heart-shaped pizza pan that is suggested above.
TIP: We spray our cookie sheet or pan with a spray oil first, even if it is non-stick. It definitely helps to remove the pizza later and prevents sticking.
Homemade Marinara Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Add olive oil to the pan and heat in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the garlic is golden brown.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes (optional), stirring to combine.
- Simmer for 7 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with additional salt, pepper or sugar, to taste.
Heart-Shaped Pizza Recipe
- pre-made pizza crust or refrigerated pizza dough (or just Jiffy Mix recipe above)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Your favorite toppings like pepperoni, mushrooms, sausage, basil, olives, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When garlic begins to sizzle, add tomatoes, salt and Italian seasoning and then simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Trim or shape your pizza crust into a heart shape on a cookie sheet or heart-shaped Pizza Pan.
- Brush the pizza dough with olive oil. Spread the marinara sauce evenly on the pizza crust. Arrange the toppings and mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is bubbly, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.
With so many heart-shaped foods to buy, try and make, you’ll have plenty of ideas for Valentine’s Day this year. Did you know you can order a FREE Jiffy Mix recipe book too? They have great recipes and Jiffy Mix is cheaper to use than Bisquick.