Sweeties Kidz love to play outside when the weather is nice but when winter comes around and the kids are forced inside, it’s time to bring the fun inside. We absolutely love hammocking – there’s really nothing better relaxing in a hammock under a tree or on a patio in the summertime. When Fall and winter rolls around in New England, we like to bring that relaxation and fun for the kids indoors. Whether it’s in our living room, screened-in porch, bedroom, or anywhere, adding a hammock to your indoor space can be a lot of fun for the kids and give them hours of enjoyment.
If you love hammocks and want to find more ways to use them in your home, check out the tips showing you 16 different ways to use your hammock indoors all year long. You can use it to relax and catch up on a really good book, add some extra seating or sleeping space when you need to, or add in a new design piece. The kids love to hide inside of a hammock chair and make it a fort, read a book, or play on their tablets.
16 Ways to Use a Hammock Indoors
1. Give kids an indoor swing with a hammock With a reinforced roof hook, you could give kids a relaxing seat or swing for their room!
2. Build a guest bed using a hammock You can outfit your hammock to be just as functional as any other guest bed. With the help of some cushions and for support straps, you can have an inviting place for guests to relax or even spend the night.
3. Host many guests because you have a hammock With the help of a triple bunk bed design you could host the ultimate slumber party or keep many guests happy in your home.
4. Add a spot of color in open areas with a hammock Hanging a bright and colorful hammock in the middle of an open area can be an excellent way that you can fill space with a colorful object. Hanging a hammock inside can help you to add a beautiful art piece in some space that would typically be wasted otherwise.
5. Create an accent piece for your living room with a hammock Hanging a large hammock in the middle of your living room could be an extremely inviting accent piece that guests can lounge on and admire! If you have an open air living room, consider hanging the hammock with long ropes off the upper floor or roof.
6. Upgrade your indoor pool area with a hammock If you have an indoor pool you should strongly consider getting a lounge hammock to create an inner oasis. Enjoy your hammock at any time of the year with this set up!
7. Build a perch for your pet using a hammock Used hammocks or even full-sized panics make an excellent indoor perch for pets. Cats love hammocks and dogs will definitely enjoy the idea of having their own suspended bed indoors.
8. Make use of areas above the stairs with a hammock The space above your stairs could quickly become a small reading nook or fun lounge spot with a view using this type of hammock installation.
9. Create a bunk bed with a hammock If you have a children’s bed with a broken bottom bunk or a raised style platform bed, you could consider building a bunk bed for guests with the help of the hammock underneath. Using a hammock in a bedroom with a bunk bed can create a funky place for reading or relaxing!
10. Build a spot to contemplate near a window with a hammock Hanging a hammock nearby to your window could offer you the perfect spot to relax and the dream looking out at your view. This could be the perfect place to sit and watch the weather even if you happen to be stuck inside on a rainy day.
11. Build a storage spot with a hammock Hammocks can be great for holding overhead storage like pillows or blankets. You could consider hanging up a hammock and getting some more storage space in higher places that would commonly be wasted without the use of the hammock. This could be a great solution for when you have to take your hammock inside for the season.
12. Control light levels by adding a hammock A colorful hammock could actually be used as an accent drape or curtains in your home. If you have a hammock with a unique pattern, consider hanging it near the top of a window for a beautiful drape or curtain accent.
13. Build a recovery spot with a hammock Many common complaints with home gyms is that there is nowhere to really relax when you are pushing your body to the limit. A hammock in your workout room could be a great and easy to set up place for recovery during a hard workout.
14. Create an indoor planter out of a hammock By placing a few small pots inside you can create an indoor planter that hangs in your window. This can help with plant growth and give you a unique décor piece for your home.
15. Make use of your loft by adding a hammock Lofts are regularly wasted spaces but by installing a hammock you could create a cozy spot to nap in the attic or loft of your home. Unlock more square footage and find a tranquil place upstairs with this hammock idea.
16. Build a seat with a hammock By re-purposing an old hammock or getting a hammock chair, you could have access to a design of the perfect accent seat for your home. A seat hammock is an excellent way to have accent pillows and accent seating displayed in your bedroom without taking up too much space. Either fold up an old hammock to achieve this look or take your seat hammock from outside and install it with ceiling hooks.
Keep some of these top ideas in mind if you are looking for some unique uses for hammocks indoors and c heck out Missions Hammock’s indoor hammocks.
Leave a Reply