Chocolate and Easter always go together. Kids look forward to them and mothers love preparing them. But when you give away chocolate Easter eggs to kids on a yearly basis, it can be challenging to come up with creative ideas and recipes to excite them with the sweet treats! Thus, you can experiment with a few recipe ideas for your Easter chocolates to ensure that the kids will be excited to open up their baskets.
Photo Credit: bbcgoodfood.com
Chocolate Almond Biscotti Recipe
The first recipe that you can try is fairly simple
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3/4 cup almonds
- one cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 yolks
- one tablespoon of water
- almond liqueur
- choice bits
- baking cocoa
1. Start by pre-heating the oven to 320 degree.
2. Combine all of the dry ingredients.
3. Flatten up the dough into a pan and wrap it with plastic.
4. Put the flour mixture into the freezer for at least an hour before cutting it into thick slices and placing it into the baking tray. Make sure to grease the tray so the cookies won’t stick after baking.
5. Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
Photo Credit: foodonthefood.com
Creamy Chocolate Fudge Recipe
You will be needing only three ingredients to prepare this recipe
- 1 lb. of cooking chocolate
- one can of condensed milk
- one teaspoon of vanilla extract
- chocolate foil wrapped Easter eggs or small Cadbury eggs
1. Combine all of these ingredients in a saucepan, which is placed above another pan filled with boiling water.
2. Keep stirring the chocolate and thoroughly melted.
3. Pour the fudge into a separate container and line it up with baking paper.
4. Store inside the refrigerator and it should be easy to cut them into smaller pieces once cooled.
Photo Source: bakers-corner.com.au
If you want to stick with the traditional Easter egg basket when preparing your recipe, here is a great idea to try
Chocolate Crackle Egg Baskets
Aside from ensuring that your kids will enjoy eating them, they will also have fun preparing this recipe.
- Mars Bars
- Rice Bubbles (approx. 3 cups)
- a couple teaspoons of cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons of thin cream
- up to 2 dozen small eggs
1. Place your cup cake paper cases into a tray.
2. Chop up your Mars Bars into a bowl then mix the cocoa powder and cream into it.
3. Turn the microwave on medium and let the mixture sit there for about a minute. Make sure that the Mars Bars have completely melted or it has attained a rich but creamy consistency.
4. Add the rice puffs into the mixture and put them into the individual paper cups. Leave a hole in the center so you can place the eggs in it.
Keep this in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
Feel free to add your own unique twist to these chocolate Easter recipes. It will be more fun if you can get the kids involved in the preparation so they will come to appreciate those giveaways even more.